What activities will BONDING carry out?
It will primarily canalise resources, develop tools and provide educational activities which will contribute to establish youth befriending services at the benefit of the elders.
These befriending services can be as simple as a weekly telephone call to an isolated older person, or extend to regular home visits for a chat and to help with shopping and so on; small actions that have a huge, positive, impact.
During its life, the BONDING project will produce the following:
- The e-publication “Mapping the Befriending Landscape, available in all partner languages and in English in electronic format;
- The comprehensive e-learning course “Youth Befriending Elderly”, tailored to young people;
- The “Awareness-raising Toolkit”, including diverse awareness raising materials for young people, the elderly and their families;
- The “Befriending Networking Platform”, compatible with desktop and mobile devices, which will support the learning and sharing of information, good practice and outcomes
- The Short-term Joint Staff Training (LTTA), equipping the project staff with the needed knowledge, attitudes, skills and tools to successfully mentor young people in establishing their befriending services for the elderly;
- Seven (7) multiplier events – 5 national Info & cooperation sessions and a final international conference.